Characteristics of Jet stream
Below are some characteristics of Jet Stream,
- Jet stream is being found at the height of 9km to 12km from the ground surface.
- It blows from west to east and parallel to the isobar at upper air circulation.
- It’s a very strong air circulation. The velocity of this wind is 100km to 500km.
- The length of this wind is about few thousand km and breadth is a hundred km.
- It blows from 30° to 35° latitude in both the hemisphere.
- Seasonal change is being found in this wind. The velocity become doubled during summer than winter.
- This wind system covers the earth in a wavy path.
To know about Index Cycle, visit the below link,